Who we are:
Animal Friends of the Valleys (AFV) is the leading animal shelter for the cities of Temecula, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Canyon Lake and Wildomar, and small parts of Riverside County. We provide top-quality animal welfare and animal control services for our client cities. We were selected as a 2021 California Non-Profit of the Year for our continuing efforts to prevent the suffering of animals and ending pet overpopulation in the cities we serve. If you are looking for a way to make a difference and not just a job, AFV is exactly what you’re looking for!
Who we’re looking for:
Veterinarian / Veterinary Surgeon
What you will be doing:
- Perform an average of 30 spay and neuter surgeries for dogs, cats and the occasional bunny per day
- Interactions are almost completely with Clinic staff; most customer service is conducted at Reception
- Directly and positively assist in the reduction of pet overpopulation in our client cities
- Oversee other aspects of veterinary care, including pre and postoperative care, anesthetic administration and monitoring, emergency care, restraint and treatment
What you’ll need:
- Must have a current State Department of Education Veterinary License
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent
- Must have background in small animal medicine and surgery
- 2 years experience as Veterinarian preferred
- Confident, calm leadership skills to supervise a small surgery team
- The experience and readiness to conduct high volume spay and neuter surgeries at the Clinic
- Interest or experience in the unique world of Shelter Medicine is a definite plus!
- A strong drive and desire to help animals who truly need you!
What can we offer you?
- Looking for a full-time Shelter Medicine and Surgical Veterinarian opportunity? This is it!
- Be part of an amazing team that loves and cares for the animals that need them.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, insurance benefits available.
- Aflac Voluntary Insurance (Yes, the one with the Aflac Duck.)
- 403B Retirement Savings (Think 401K for non-profits.)
- Uniform Allowance (Scrubs)
- Extensive Employee Discount Program to help you save money on a wide variety of products and services.
- Employee Assistance Program to help you through life’s challenges, including counseling and coaching services; assistance with legal, financial and career questions; and so much more!