Who we are:
Animal Friends of the Valleys (AFV) is the leading animal shelter for the cities of Temecula, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Canyon Lake and Wildomar, and small parts of Riverside County. We provide top-quality animal welfare and animal control services for our client cities. We were selected as a 2021 California Non-Profit of the Year for our continuing efforts to prevent the suffering of animals and ending pet overpopulation in the cities we serve. If you are looking for a way to make a difference and not just a job, AFV is exactly what you’re looking for!
Who we’re looking for:
Media Marketing Coordinator
What you will be doing:
- Showing the world the wonderful dogs, cats, bunnies and the occasional exotic pet waiting for their forever home
- Creating original promotional content for various adoption, fundraising and community events
- Fully utilizing your social media skills in TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to promote our mission, increase engagement and provide key information to the community
- Work with the Donor Development and Events team to coordinate outreach initiatives and promote events
- Keeping a keen eye and focus on taking great photographs and videos at events and writing informative articles and posts
What you’ll need:
- Some animal handling and care experience preferred; particularly with dogs and cats.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and outreach / engagement strategies
- Marketing experience preferred
- Graphic design knowledge and creativity
- Expertise with Word Press strongly preferred
- Experience with Classy and similar programs
What can we offer you?
- Looking for full-time people.
- Be part of an amazing team that loves and cares for the animals that need them.
- Opportunities for additional training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, insurance benefits available.
- Aflac Voluntary Insurance (Yes, the one with the Aflac Duck.)
- 403B Retirement Savings (Think 401K for non-profits.)
- Extensive Employee Discount Program to help you save money on a wide variety of products and services.
- Employee Assistance Program to help you through life’s challenges, including counseling and coaching services; assistance with legal, financial and career questions; and so much more!